Treatment consists of a series of aligners, each to be worn for two weeks. As you replace each aligner your teeth will move little by little, week by week.
- Treatment consists of a series of aligners, each to be worn for two weeks. As you replace each aligner your teeth will move little by little, week by week.
- It is important to keep your previous aligner should you lose your current aligner.
- In order to perform certain tooth movements, discreet attachments are essential. These attachments are bonded to your teeth and the aligners are designed to fit snugly over them.
- Some discomfort when you start to wear a new aligner is perfectly normal. You should take painkillers as you normally would for a headache. Getting used to the aligners may take a few weeks, it is normal for them to feel tight in the first few days.
- Remove for eating, drinking, and when you are brushing your teeth.
- You need to remove your aligners for drinking. You may drink water with them in but anything else will damage the aligners and your teeth.
- You should brush your teeth 3 times a day and ensure you clean your teeth before replacing your aligners after having anything to eat. Use of floss and mouthwash is also advised.
NEVER clean your aligners with hot or even warm water. This will distort the aligners.
Brush your aligners thoroughly each time you clean your teeth with toothpaste. Soak your aligners once or twice a week in retainerbrite (Available from reception for £6.50) this will keep your aligners fresh and free from bacteria.
- Never remove your aligner from pulling on only one side as this may break it.
Do not use your teeth to bite your aligner into place, always push it in using your fingers.
Your first aligner will come with two stoarage cases. Always use the blue case for your current aligner and the red one for the previous aligner.
There will be a charge for lost or badly damaged aligners.
Sports and Activities:
- You may wear your aligners for any sport that does not require a mouthguard. Do not forget to replace your aligner as soon as you have finished.
- Please continue to see your regular dentist throughout your treatment.
Please contact us on 01782 279110 should you have any problems or questions