Wear the brace all the time including meals, unless instructed otherwise by your orthodontist or therapist.
How To Care For Your Brace
- Look after your brace. There is a charge to replace the brace, when it is not in your mouth place in a protective box. Boxes are available from reception for £1.
- Please contact us if your brace is lost or broken.
- Remove the brace for cleaning, contact sports and swimming.
- NO chocolate, sweets, mints, toffees, chewing gum, fizzy drinks etc should be consumed whilst wearing the brace. Water, milk and sugar free squash are best to drink.
- Avoid any hard foods such as apples, crusty breads/pizzas whilst wearing the brace.
- Brush morning, night and after everything you have to eat. Remove the brace to clean your teeth and clean the brace with your toothbrush and toothpaste. Insufficient cleaning of your brace and teeth will lead to permanent damage.
- Retainerbrite is an additional cleaning solution available from reception which can be used once a week. This helps to keep the appliance clean. This is available for £6.50.
- You may experience some discomfort when the brace is fitted or adjusted. If you need to you can take painkillers which you would normally take for a headache.
- Do not repeatedly click the brace in and out with your tongue. When not in position the brace is not working and this will extend your treatment time.
- You need to see your regular dentist throughout your treatment with us.